Mercy Meditations - Corpus Christi



Mercy Meditations - Corpus Christ

In her diary “Divine Mercy in My Soul” St. Faustina, who brought the Divine Mercy image and messages to the world, wrote about the image and its meaning, relating this story of a vision she received during a Corpus Christi procession, honoring the Body and Blood of Christ.
“When on one occasion my confessor told me to ask the Lord Jesus the meaning of the two rays in the image, I answered, "Very well, I will ask the Lord."

“During prayer I heard these words within me: The two rays denote Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for the water that makes souls righteous. The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls ... These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when my agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross.” (Diary, 299)
“Once, the image was being exhibited over the altar during the Corpus Christi procession… When the priest exposed the Blessed Sacrament, and the choir began to sing, the rays from the image pierced the Sacred Host and spread out all over the world. Then I heard these words: These rays of mercy will pass through you, just as they have passed through this Host, and they will go out through all the world.” (Diary, 441)

Trust in the Mercy of God, ever present in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Altar; the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ.


Comments