The Guardian of My Soul


Our Shepherd and the Guardian of Our Souls

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

My shepherd, Jesus, watches over me because I belong to Him. He cares for me, loves me, and knows my heart. He is the Guardian of my soul. If I am hurt, He gently tends to my wounds. If I ever feel lost and alone, I trust that He will seek me and find me, because His flock is not complete without me. 

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 

If I turn to Jesus when I’m tired, He will help me to find peace as deep and clear as the still waters of a lake, as refreshing as a nap in a mountain pasture. 

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

He will restore my soul to perfect peace. If I am confused, He will teach my heart to recognize what is truthful and right, if I turn to Him in prayer. 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 

If I am in a dark place, I don’t need to fear because His light overcomes the darkness and He has promised to protect me. I trust in Him. 

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 

Jesus prepares nourishment for my soul in the banquet of the Holy Eucharist. He blesses me with water and holy oil at my baptism, making me part of His family. If I am sick He anoints me with oil, bringing healing to my soul and body. 

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

I can hardly hold all the blessings given to me. Jesus is with me always, surrounding me with mercy and love, and keeping me safe within the home He has made for me in His heart.

Link to the Complete Readings for Sunday, May 3, 2020


Comments